SBA Head Coach Summer Travel Team
SBA is seeking a candidate to fill the newly created position of Head Coach for the SBA Summer U12 Boys’ Travel Team.
Reporting to the Director of REP Programs, the Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of leading, coaching, developing, and implementing a competitive summer travel program. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team and aligned with the vision of the SBA.
The SBA Summer Travel Team Program operates from April to August annually. This temporary position requires significant schedule flexibility, including evenings and weekends. In addition, travel will be required both in Canada and the United States.
This position is compensated by an honorarium dependent on experience.
Minimum qualifications for the position are:
- NCCP Train to Train/Train to Compete and NCAA certification
- Demonstrated pattern of success coaching and/or playing at the post-secondary level (CCAA/NCAA/USports) or higher
- Proven leadership skills required to create a championship culture
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive relationships with student-athletes
- Successfully pass a background check
Please email your resume/CV with a cover letter and three basketball references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: February 19, 2018 (5:00 p.m.)
Position Start Date: April 2018