More About JUEL
The JUEL of Ontario; Canada’s first and longest running Provincial Basketball League is entering its next stage of development “our second 5”. Over the past 5 seasons the league has made strides in improving the women’s game across Canada while graduating over 75% of our seniors. Graduates aren’t just finding roster spots at the next level, they’re stepping into important roster roles and contributing from day 1. Our emphasis will continue to be placed on player development – helping you reach your potential as a player so that you can play basketball at the level that you desire to play it. The Blues JUEL is a very competitive team in the league, but it’s your development as a player that will be the top priority.
Below is just a few things you should know about the JUEL program:
- January 9-10
- January 23-24
- February 6-7
- February 20-21
- March 5-6
- April 2-3
- April 16-17
- April 30-May 1
- May 14-15 – League Tournament – Queen’s University
- May 28 – JUEL/JUEL Prep All-Star Games – Humber College
|Saturday, September 12|| JUEL Prep:|
12:30 pm - 3:00 pm JUEL:
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
|Variety Village, 3701 Danforth Ave., Scarborough, ON|
|Sunday, September 13|
|St. John Paul II CSS, 685 Military Trail, Toronto, ON|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR JUEL & JUEL PREP REGISTRATIONS:
All players must register to tryout for Blues JUEL & JUEL Prep teams.
a) On-line registration fee is $25.00.
b) Registration at the door is $40.00.
Cash only will be accepted on the day of registration. On-site Registration for Saturday JUEL at 2:30 pm
- Registration fee includes all tryout sessions.
- All dates, times, and locations are subject to change.
- To increase the chances of a player making a team, it is recommended that she attend all tryout sessions.
|JUEL Head Coach: Joel Woodburn|
Joel is NCCP and NCAA Certified with 10 years of coaching experience. He enters his second year with the Scarborough Basketball Association (SBA).
In his first year with SBA he successfully coached the U19 girls team to a Division 1 championship and has coached a number of successful teams at the AAU and OBA level. With the OBA Joel has coached four consecutive years with his girls teams finishing top four in Ontario including two division one championship teams; 2011-12 (U15) and 2014-15 (U19). For the past five years each summer Joel provides elite training and assembles competitive teams to train and travel the AAU circuit.
Joel's teams are characterized by hard work and are always prepared to compete.
JUEL Assistant Coach:
JUEL Prep Head Coach: Kelly Robertson
Kelly Robertson started her basketball career as a player in Ottawa, Ontario. Exposed to competitive sport at an early age by her father, CFL Hall of Famer and former Ottawa Rough Rider, Whit Tucker.
JUEL Prep Assistant Coach: Elspeth Cheng
|Assistant: Brian Breedy|
JUEL Prep News
Team Robertson 81-66 vs North Toronto
Team Robertson 64-59 vs Ottawa
|2||North Toronto Huskies||21||5||1645||1329|
|6||Ottawa Nationals JUEL||15||11||1541||1547|
Blues JUEL (incorporates Scarborough and Toronto Blues) Graduates
- Chioma Oriuwa (2010-2011) – Humber College
- Amira Joseph-Athanas (2010-2011) – Centennial College
- Jahmeela Stephenson (2010-2011) – Centennial College
- Sharika Smith (2010-2011) – Seneca College
- Sandra Amoah (2011-2012) – Memorial University
- Tayla Gibb (2011-2012) – Detroit University
- Kadijah Holder (2011-2012) – Seneca College
- Kadijah Henry (2011-2012) – Humber College
- Shanieka Woods (2011-2012) – St. Marys University
- Ishanaa Seupersadsingh (2010-2012) – York University
- Oceana Hamilton (2012-2013) – Alabama University
- Katrina Murrell (2012-2013) – St. Mary's University
- Dani Nafekh (2012-2013) – UC Davis
- Kim Taylor (2012-2013) – St. Francis Xavier University
- Savanna Hamilton (2012-13) - Ryerson University
- Megan Brenkel (2013-2014) – Guelph University
- Sydney Glanville (2013-2014) – Carleton University
- Chloe Hall (2013-2014) – Loyola Marymount University
- Linnaea Harper (2013-2014) – McMaster University
- Cara Tiemens (2013-2014) – Ryerson University
- Danielle Garven (2014-2015) – University of Minnesota
- Destoni Willock (2014-2015) – Tallahassee C.C.
- Keyira Parkes (2014-2015) – University of Toronto
- Nikita Telesford (2014-2015) – Oakland University
- Nada Radonjic (2014-2015) – Niagara University
- Mahal De La Durantaye (2014-2015) – University of Toronto
Head Coach: Andrew Bergant
Assistant Coach: Aleksandra Kancheva
Assistant Coach: Anita Robinson
|1||Caroline Hrabinski||5' 4"||G||11|
|2||Danielle Garven||6' 1"||G/F||12|
|4||Anastasia Lovatsis||5' 10"||F||12|
|5||Chelayne Bailey||5' 7"||G||12|
|6||Meaghan Chin||5' 11"||G||11|
|7||Destoni Willock||5' 11"||F||12+|
|8||Keyira Parkes||5' 5"||G||12|
|9||Esme Pajkovic||6' 3"||F||12|
|10||Nikita Telesford||6' 2"||F||12|
|11||Nada Radonjic||6' 1"||F||12|
|15||Mahal De La Durantaye||5' 9"||G||12|
|16||Liana Villegas||5' 7"||G||11|
|223||Eternati Willock||6' 2"||F||11|