Formed in 1996 as a non-profit organization, the Scarborough Basketball Association has a simple game plan: to provide youth in, and around, the Scarborough area with the opportunity to grow and enjoy life through the sport of basketball.
For some of our youth, the SBA will be a launching pad for a successful basketball career in college or university.
Some may even go on to become professional players, based on the fundamentals that we helped them develop.
However, for most, the SBA and its basketball programs are simply a means of building character, developing friendships and having a whole lot of fun.
Our philosophy and commitment to our players is simple. We:
• emphasize the importance of teamwork, health, and dedication
• provide an environment free of pressure from coaches/parents
• train and teach basketball fundamentals to all age levels
• practice commitment, hard work, and discipline
• give at-risk youth the opportunity to participate
• teach acceptable social behaviours in sport
• provide an affordable REP program
• put the welfare of the player first