SBA Jamal Ali Memorial Scholarship Criteria
The SBA Jamal Ali Memorial Scholarship is available to students entering their first or second year of post-secondary education, who have participated in authorized SBA programs for a minimum of five years. For the inaugural year of the scholarship, two students, one male and one female, will be awarded $1,000 each.
Application Criteria and Guidelines
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Have participated in authorized SBA programs for a minimum of 5 years.
- Not be a previous recipient. Repeat winners are not permitted, however, if you applied and were not selected, you may reapply.
- Reside in Canada and be enrolling or attending an approved Canadian university or college. Only first or second year students may apply.
- Provide confirmation of admission to your program of study.
- Be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada (proof is required). International students studying in Canada may not apply.
- Have received a high school diploma within the last five years.
Your completed application must contain the following:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form.
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
- A copy of your official high school transcript.
- A copy of your acceptance letter from an approved Canadian university or college and proof of tuition deposit if you are a first-year student.
- A copy of your tuition invoice with proof of deposit from an approved Canadian university or college if you are a second-year student.
Your completed application must be received by June 30 of the current year.
Your completed application form, along with all supporting documentation, must be submitted online using the form available at https://sbabasketball.ca/scholarship-application-form.
All applications will be screened to ensure they are complete and meet all requirements. All qualifying applications will be placed in a ballot draw to be completed, annually, on the last Thursday in August.
The Scarborough Basketball Association thanks all those who have contributed either through direct donations or by participating in fundraising initiatives.
If you have any questions regarding the SBA Jamal Ali Memorial Scholarship or have issues submitting this form, please email email@example.com.